We have recently released new editions of our MYP textbooks. There is one mathematics textbook for each of the first four years of the programme, and the choice between Standard and Extended mathematics for the fifth year.
What's New in this Series
Mathematics for the International Student (Middle Years Programme)
- Content has been revised to reflect changes in the syllabus. This includes the addition and removal of material where appropriate.
- Content has been reorganised, providing a more logical and consistent progression of ideas and difficulty.
- Level of difficulty has been modified, with some topics receiving more thorough and methodical coverage.
- A greater number of puzzles and games have been included, especially at the lower levels.
- Games are presented in text and online, allowing students to play in groups during class as well as independently via technology.
- Existing software has been updated, including new geometry and graphing packages.
- Calculator instructions have been updated, with the books featuring screenshots of instructions for Casio fx-9860G, Casio fx-CG20, TI-84 Plus and TI-nspire.
- Calculator instructions are now available online, accessed by clicking on icons located throughout the book.
- Global Contexts have replaced the old Areas of Interaction activities.
- Each book contains a selection of activities that teachers can use to help plan a unit of work based on the Global Contexts.
- Each activity refers to a specific Global Context, and contains a Statement of Inquiry. It lists the relevant Key Concept and Related Concepts, as well as the Approaches to Learning skills.
- Each activity contains a series of Factual, Conceptual, and Debatable questions to help guide the unit of work.
- Activities are accompanied by a general descriptor and a task-specific descriptor for each of the relevant assessment criteria, to help teachers assess the unit of work.
A document containing the authors’ summary of the changes can be downloaded here.